Thursday 12 May 2011

WINOL Semester Two, Week Six

Week Six on WINOL turned out to be a bit of a disaster. The news stories I had come prepared with were weak or in the case of some, filled with legal issues. My editor asked me to contact Ali Al- Jamri again to see if we could set up another skype interview with his father to get an update on the Bahrain situation.

I drafted a list of questions and scripted a rough draft for the opening of the package, prepared all my links and handed them to the WINOL editor in preparation. Unfortunately due to what I can only say was a total lack of communication, another interview with a different Bahraini correspondent had been set up and was being conducted by my news editor.

I was, of course disheartened as it meant I would now not have anything for the bulletin this week. It was explained that there had been mixed communications on who was taking the interview and who it had been set up with. It emphasised the importance of constant communication within the news team to avoid any further incidents such as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment